Call for Proposals
Linaro Connect provides a platform to discuss and learn about the leading software topics, challenges and opportunities in the Arm Ecosystem today. Interested in sharing what you’ve been working on? Submit your proposal today.
- Deadline to submit proposals July 13, 2021
- Submission notifications July 27, 2021
- Full schedule announced August 3, 2021
- Registration opens August 3, 2021
- Pre-recorded session videos and slides due September 1, 2021
- Linaro Virtual Connect Fall: September 8-10, 2021
While we welcome technical proposals on all topics related to Arm software, we are particularly interested in seeing sessions on the following topics:
OS Build & Test
- Continuous Integration testing
- CI and testing frameworks
- Kernel quality
Edge Computing and its many use cases
- Standardization of Firmware
- IoT and Embedded
Linaro and Community enablement
- Open source development
- Native software development
- Windows on Arm
Other suggested topics:
- Automation & CI
- Big Data
- Boot Architecture
- Data Center
- IoT and Embedded
- IoT Fog/Gateway/Edge Computing
- Linux Kernel
- Machine Learning/AI
- Open Source Development
- Power Management
- Standardized Firmware
- Testing & CI
- Windows on Arm
Types of sessions
As a default, sessions are 25 minutes long including Q&A. 50 minute will be considered for more in-depth sessions.
- Presentation: General presentation style usually consisting of slides and a technical discussion. This may include demos. Presentations can have 1 or multiple speakers. Most sessions at Connect are presentation style.
- BoF “Birds of a Feather”: Informal session type with a group who wish to discuss a certain topic without a pre-planned agenda.
- Panel: A panel is a group of people who are engaging in a conversation about a certain technical topic.A moderator leads the discussion by presenting questions to the panelists, ensuring the discussion stays on track, and will also pull audience questions from the chat for the panelists to answer.
- Keynote: Keynotes are selected by the Connect Planning team. If you’d like your presentation to be considered for a keynote, you may select this option. If it is not selected as a keynote, it could still be selected as a presentation.
Virtual Session Information
For LVC21F, we will ask that all presenters pre-record their sessions. Pre-recorded sessions will be broadcasted at the scheduled date and time and we require speakers to be online in the chat area while their session is broadcasted to interact with the audience and answer any questions. If you are doing a panel or another type of session that would work better live, we will make exceptions on a case by case basis. We will be using the same event platform from LVC21 Spring, PINE tool. If your submission is accepted, you will receive further instructions with slide deadlines, registration codes, and session instructions.
Linaro Connect audience
The Connect audience is about 70% technical: engineers, developers, maintainers and roughly 30% business development, execs, VPs.
Since our event is focused on developers, we choose engineering presentations rather than marketing/product focused presentations. The more technical the content, the better! For inspiration, please see our Resources Page to view past videos of past Linaro Connect sessions.
Code of Conduct
Please refer to our code of conduct regarding session content and event participation: https://connect.linaro.org/code-of-conduct/
Sign up. Receive Updates. Stay informed.
Sign up to our mailing list to receive updates on the latest Linaro Connect news!