Cloud Native is an approach to building and running applications that exploit the advantages of the cloud computing delivery model. It typically means to use containerized open source software stack, dynamically orchestrated and managed to optimize resource utilization.
To build cloud native NFV infrastructure, in addition to containerized NFV orchestration engine, such as Kubernetes, we need high performance, scalable and micro-service oriented networking solutions to enable the seamless connection of cloud native applications.
In this presentation, we would like to show cloud native NFV infrastructure networking solutions on Arm platforms. It will cover the following on Arm:
1. The building of Cloud Native NFV infrastructure with high performance networking support on arm platform;
2. Contiv/VPP based Kubernetes container networking solutions on arm and its performance evaluation;
3. Service Function Chain (SFC) and Network Service Mesh(NSM) enhancement for cloud native applications based on Contiv/VPP;
4. Cloud native applications fast deployment and service management;
5. Other cloud native networking solutions available on arm.
Staff Software Engineer (Arm Ltd)
Zijin Tao is a Ph.D in Computer Networking, who has worked in this area for more than 15 years. He has worked as a network engineer in research institute of university for more than 10 years. Then he worked in IBM for almost 5 years for SDN and Cloud Networking.
Now he is working in Arm as an Staff Software Engineer, mainly on networking infrastructure open source projects.
Zijin Tao has filed more than 10 patents and papers in Computer Networking.