Cloud Native is an approach to building and running applications that exploit the advantages of the cloud computing delivery model. It typically means to use containerized open source software stack, dynamically orchestrated and managed to optimize resource utilization.
To build cloud native NFV infrastructure, in addition to containerized NFV orchestration engine, such as Kubernetes, we need high performance, scalable and micro-service oriented networking solutions to support the requirement of high performance network applications and services.
In this presentation, we would like to show the data plane acceleration(DPDK) usage and programming technique in building the cloud native NFV infrastructure on arm:
1. The data plane acceleration programming in support for high performance user space network stack with event model on arm;
2. The data plane acceleration usage model in high performance inter-hosts Kubernetes container networking solutions;
3. The para-virtualized data plane acceleration accessing mechanism(vhost/virtio) in supporting high performance container connection with virtual switches, such as VPP, OVS
4. The data plane acceleration utilization in cloud native applications deployment and service providing;
5. The performance tunning factors and analysis of data plane acceleration configuration in cloud native NFV infrastructure deployment
Staff Software Engineer (Arm Ltd)
Zijin Tao is a Ph.D in Computer Networking, who has worked in this area for more than 15 years. He has worked as a network engineer in research institute of university for more than 10 years. Then he worked in IBM for almost 5 years for SDN and Cloud Networking.
Now he is working in Arm as an Staff Software Engineer, mainly on networking infrastructure open source projects.
Zijin Tao has filed more than 10 patents and papers in Computer Networking.